JOB ID: 109237 - Sr Project Manager - EDM
Length: 6 Months
This Project Manager role will manage procurements at a program level, providing both tactical and strategic insights to management to assist with scheduling and allocating resources.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of IT projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
ò Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
ò Manage project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the MinistriesÆ enterprise architecture.
ò Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
ò Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
ò Manage multiple projects, project resources and project governance.
ò Work with project sponsors to ensure that effective project communication exists through the duration of the project including escalation of risks as required.
ò Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction û manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
ò Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the projectÆs objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
ò Work with project sponsors and the project management office to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
ò Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
ò Develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of project tasks.
ò Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
ò Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
ò In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar projects.
ò Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
ò Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Project Manager on a large procurements in
- Experience in a project management role.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience defining project scope and goals in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Experience developing project deliverables including project charters, business cases, briefing notes, status reports, risk logs and project closures
- Available to lead frequent (daily) face-to-face meetings with clients and technical teams 8
- Demonstrated experience managing procurement projects following a formal project life cycle methodology. 3
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings with stakeholders at all levels 5
- Experience creating and managing project forecasts 5
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy 5
- Experience working with staff, contractors and vendor teams 1
- Experience developing and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships across the organization, including executive level 1
- Experience functioning on an individual basis 1
- Experience functioning in a team